CLASS 6A HOME LEARNING 07.05.2020
Hi there everyone – is it just me or is the week flying past? I can’t believe it is Thursday already. I hope you’re all looking forward to long weekend as it is a bank holiday on Friday to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE (Victory in Europe) day.
But back to the present. I know there was a problem with our work being missing from the webpage yesterday. The work was on the website but it had been mistakenly added to Year 5/6C’s webpage. If you were unable to find it, simply do it today – it really won’t matter in the great scheme of things.
If you did manage to find it, well done, and here are your tasks for today.
Spelling – Find the spelling word-searches that you should have completed by now.
· Turn to the 4th page and you’ll find a crossword puzzle to solve. You should refer to the completed dark blue word-search to help you with some of the words if you get stuck.
· Now you know how it works, have a go at the second crossword puzzle on page 5. (This time, look on the light blue word-search, you may find some, but not all, of the words you need).
Reading – Today I would like you to read and answer some more questions about Space.
· Complete the comprehension task entitled ‘Planet Earth’ (you may have used this yesterday to help you make up some quiz questions). This should take no more than 20 minutes and remember to go through and check your answers if you have time left over.
· Now complete the comprehension task entitled ‘Back to Earth with a bump!’ Again this should take approximately 20 minutes.
· Once you have finished both comprehension activities, find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed and read a book of your choice for 20 minutes at least.
Maths – Find the sheet titled ‘Multi step word problems’ from yesterday.
· Finish the Sections you were working on yesterday. If the challenge section appears too difficult – then have a go at creating your own multi step worded problems, Try to create 5 to start with and if you have time create a few more. Try to make them get a little harder as you go.
· Hand your made up problems to someone else to try and solve.
· Remember, you must work out the answers to your own questions to see if they are correct or incorrect.
Example Holy Trinity School has 320 leaflets to give out. 320
10 % were handed out on Thursday. 10% of 320 = 32
35% were handed out on Friday. 35% of 320 = 112
How many leaflets are left? 320 – (112 + 32) = 320 -144
176 leaflets are left
Extra task - Look on the ‘Home Learning Challenges’ sheet. Find the Science column and look at the third box down
· Follow the link provided, watch the video and then have a go at thinking up 5 questions that you would like to ask astronaut Tim. Make sure they are interesting, Year Six type questions that you would really like to know the answers to.
Have a great weekend and if you are celebrating VE day, remember to stay safe.